Remington has always loved binoculars. He has a few pairs around the house, and he also pretends to make them with anything he finds lying around, or even just his hands. When I saw this activity from Love Your Littles, I had to add it to my list. When we were done, I added a little green scavenger hunt to put the Leprechaun Lookers to good use. See how easy this project is in the steps below!
- Two empty toilet paper rolls
- Green Cardstock or Construction Paper
- Poms, Pipe Cleaners (You can also use paint, markers, stickers, glitter, etc. Whatever you have on hand that would work well for your little to decorate with!)
- String (I used tulle, but Remi complained it was itchy, so maybe string or yarn would be better!)
- Glue (I used hot glue, since its quick and effective)
- Hole Punch
First, cover the rolls with your choice of paper. Since Remington is still working on his cutting skills, I had him choose the paper and I covered the toilet paper rolls. When that is done, glue the two rolls together, to create your lookers.
Next is the fun part, the decorating! Since we were working with hot glue (I wanted things to dry right away so we could use them immediately!) Remi was head designer and told me where he wanted things to go, and I did let him add the poms with my supervision!
Finally, hole punch one hole on each of the outer sides and add your string! There you have your own Leprechaun Lookers!!
To put these bad boys to use, I had Remi grab his Green Cauldron and He searched for green toys. He insisted on filling the bucket up and he had no problems doing so.
I often forget how much fun small things like this can be to our littles. With a little effort and a few things from around the house, you can have yourself a fun and free activity with your kiddo! Happy Hunting!
XO, Amanda, The Celebrating Mama